The Ballerina is a beautiful classic full wooden International 5.5 metre class yacht in absolute top condition.
These type of boats have extraordinary sailing capacities and were built to yield a racing keel boat giving a sailing experience similar to that of the International 6 Metre Class, but at a lower cost. The Ballerina was built in 1962 in Switzerland.
She is made of cedar mahogany on acacia frames and underwent a complete refit in 2012. She comes with new sails in the tri radial shape.
This boat was a prize winner on the Olympic games in 1964 and lot of other races. It is a fast and safe ship and is great for both competition or day sailing.
She is easy to sail single handed and has a self tacking furling jib, no backstays and comes complete with electric started 8 HP inboard engine (23 kg) with sail drive and folding propeller.
Very complete and innovative boat with a surplus of surprising details.
- Cedar mahogany hull on acacia frames
- Plywood on deck beams
Mast and boom
- Aluminum white and spinnaker boom 2x
- Length 9.68
- Wide 1.90
- Depth 1.35 m
- Total weight 1945 kg.
- Ballast: lead
- With jib 29 m2
- Main and jib tri-radial 2012, others genua spinnaker main and jib
- Engine Yamaha inboard with sail drive and folding propeller electric started
- Mahogany with two folding seats and two other seats berths under front deck
- Compass, instruments, sail covers, cockpit cover, anchor, fenders, bilge pump.
- History available.